Partial Listing of some of the American History exhibits
Exhibits are full of original items and are enhanced with extensively researched information, appropriate period artwork/background illustrations and more.
Not all are listed, you need some surprises, and the exhibits are subject to change as new
Items are acquired.
- Early American stone tools and weapons
- Early Native American war clubs and quill work
- French and Indian War (Weaponry, etc.)
- American Revolution (Uniforms, weapons, personal items)
- War of 1812 (Uniforms, weapons, personal items)
- War with Mexico (Uniforms, weapons, personal items)
- Pre-Civil War
- American Civil War – over 1/2 of the exhibits (Uniforms, weapons, personal items)
- Kentucky Long Rifles & accouterments Including knives
- American Indian in the Civil War (Info, clothing, bow/arrows other weapons)
- Battle of New Market (Personal items, cdv’s, weapons, etc. and Large Maps and information)
- Appomattox (Original Flag never surrendered, with info and pictures of that family, more)
- Indian Wars (Amazing Beadwork, original Indian art work, clothing, quill work, war clubs, knives)
- World War I
- World War II (Original Items brought back from the European and Pacific theatres by U.S. soldiers, and more)
- Viet Nam
In addition to these militarily connected items, there is a section on Western toy guns, western and war movies, and those heroes who wore white hats. Also in this area are World War II inspired and produced toys.